Thursday, February 10, 2011

On being friends with the mailman

So, yes.  My wheel is still broken.  *sigh*  After the front of the maiden literally snapped off and the flyer fell into my lap while spinning, I called Paradise Fibers (from whom I bought the wheel) and they went to bat for me with Lendrum.  After 3 weeks of waiting for replacement parts to ship from Lendrum in Canada, Paradise very kindly offered to send me replacement parts from their own stash and then re-stock with Lendrum's shipment so that I could get back in the game.  What great customer service!  I was thrilled.

But the funny part was when Paradise's shipment accidentally went to an old address of mine in their system.  As soon as I received the shipping notice via email, I called to notify them that the address was incorrect.  The family-run business's reply was, "Not to worry, we're going bowling with our mailman tonight, and I've just called him on his cell to let him know what happened -- he's bringing the package with him to the bowling alley and we'll re-send it to the correct address in the morning."

Wow. 

I've never been bowling with my mailman.  But I kinda wish I could -- it would save me a lot of headaches receiving shipments at my subdivided townhouse!!

All ye fiberistas, check out Paradise Fiber at http://www.paradisefibers.net/.  You won't be disappointed with their wonderful products or their stellar customer service! :)

2 comments:

Susan Stayer said...

I'm sorry to hear about your wheel. How frustrating! It sounds like Paradise Fibers is going above and beyond for you. That's great to know since I'm a (VERY) beginning spinner and am considering a Lendrum. I've been looking at buying from Paradise Fibers.

molly miller by appointment said...

Hi Susan! Yes, it was frustrating...but Paradise Fibers was so wonderful in helping me sort it out. I definitely recommend purchasing from them! Good luck spinning! :)